Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Things That Go Bump in the Night

I was just getting ready for bed when I heard the sounds. I wasn't sure at first what I was hearing. Was it the sound of heavy rain being driven into the windows by the rain? Was it my garbage can, or recycling can, or a neighbor's, being blown around in the wind? Did something from the trailer renovation get lose?

I listened for a few minutes. It definitely was not the rain. And as I listened more, it seemed to be coming from outside behind my bedroom, where the trailer was. Concerned, I went to the back door and switched on the rear light. Staring at the trailer, I could see I left the trailer door open, and it was being held open by the "door holder," so it wasn't the door blowing in the breeze. What could it be?

Then the raccoon darted out through the open trailer door and across my patio. He scurried under my shed and disappeared from view. It was the furry bandit who'd disturbed me! He'd probably been knocking things around inside the trailer before my turning on the light disturbed him. I dashed outside, closed the door to the trailer, and finished getting ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment