There is some rework on the wheel wells I found must be done, based upon what I discovered when dry fitting one of them. But that's going to take no more than an hour per wheel well, and I'm not doing the work for the other wheel well until I've cleared enough of the old floor away to test fit that one. That, sadly, must wait upon installing the next floor sections and reattaching the aluminum skins in that vicinity, which must in turn wait for accommodating weather. Which leaves me with. . . furniture.
|Rear of trailer. From 1949 Airstream brochure|
As you can see from the part of the plan shown above, it calls for a little bit of furniture. I managed to salvage the galley, so that's taken care of. I'm holding off on the bed frames for now. That basically leaves the chests of drawers and the closets. I'll leave the closets for later as they involve matching the curve of the interior walls, and I haven't recorded that yet, though I now have an approach to take - once I'm not freezing my hands off trying to trace. That basically leaves the two chests of drawers.
|Closet and chest of drawers. From 1949 Airstream brochure.|
After work, I made a stop at the orange big box store. Two 1x6 common boards came home with me, along with four 90° corner clamps and Kreg pocket hole jig kit; I'd picked up some 3/8" square dowel the other day, as well. What I purchased should be enough to construct two drawers. However, but the time I'd made my purchases there, done my grocery shopping, had dinner, brought everything in, and took my evening walk. . . it was the time I started writing this post. So construction shall wait upon tomorrow.