Monday, January 9, 2017

Uncertainty

I'm a bit uncertain about where the story I'm writing is going.  Not the endgame, the finale, the climax, the conclusion.  No, that I have a firm idea of.  The Forbidden Valley is only a few thousands words long right now, but already a dead body has shown up that wasn't in there when I envisioned the story.  Dead bodies showing up is usually a bad sign, right?  Anyhow, the sudden and unexpected murder of the main character's contact in Jammu took me by surprise, and I'm the one writing the story.  How bizarre.  It has left me with a vague sense of uncertainty.  I will push through this confusion and find out who and why the man was murdered.

But now I'm not entirely sure if this is going to be a short story, a novella, or a novel.  My original intention was that this would be a novel, but I'm glossing over details like this was a short story.  Maybe I should go back and expand upon them?  I don't know.  The again there wasn't a murder in my original plan.  I'll figure it out once more of the story has been transferred from brain to computer.

There will likely be another post later, either another snipped of The Forbidden Valley or else something else entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment