Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Moment of Perfect Clarity

It was as if an endless vista had opened up before me.  It was like gazing out from atop a mountain and seeing far off into the distance.  The way ahead lay open to my view.

Grand Tetons reflecting in the Snake River


No, I'm not talking about an actual view, or even a view of a virtual landscape.  I'm talking about a story that was in my mind that I couldn't seem to get a proper handle on.  And then while I was walking down to the cafeteria earlier today, clarity came to me.  The concepts and ideas that had been running through my head for two days coalesced into a clear vision of. . . The Forbidden Valley!

So now all I need to do is actually write the darn story.

(Incidentally, searching for a photo for this post, I made a discovery.  I have many nice, clear photos of mountains.  I have many expansive photos from mountains.  Alas, none of the expansive views from mountains are clear.  Clouds and haze in every one.  And the distant portion of the views are also largely unnoticeable once the image has been shrunk sufficiently for the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment