Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Best Laid Plans...

I had planned to write a review of Eddie Rickenbacker's memoir of the Great War, Fighting the Flying Circus.  Alas, it was after midnight when I stopped my coding efforts for the evening. A horde of goblins, ghosts, pirates, princesses, and superheroes had paraded past earlier in the evening, and I sent them packing properly sugared up.  The candy ran out before the trick-or-treaters this years; I shall have to stock up better next year.

One of my neighbors was dressed up as a whoopie cushion this year, and was handing out candy in her yard.  She complained that none of the youngsters got it.  I told her not to worry, because the old farts got it.

Anyhow, with that out of the way, I fell to the code and the next thing I knew it was midnight.  In that respect it was fairly productive.  I finished porting my old OBJ file format loader into the new engine. Now I have trees and other models again.  Yay.  I also implemented a very basic first-person walking mode and a first-person flight mode.  Now my menu for switching movement modes is actually useful!

The trees have returned and all is well.
Dialog box informing me that I've crashed while testing flight mode.

And then it was midnight, and any review will have to come another day.  So goodnight, great world!

No comments:

Post a Comment