Saturday, January 21, 2017

One Fine January Day

It's been a beautiful day here in southwest Ohio.  I think it made it into the 60's today, and it was at worst mostly cloudy.  Some blue sky and sunshine could be glimpsed at times, there was little rain, and the sunset was gorgeous.  I spent a good two-three hours outside over the course of this glorious day.  For a day in December January in Ohio, I could ask for little better.

Alas, I don't have more of The Forbidden Valley just yet, though I do have better feel for its probable eventual length, which I expect to be in the novella range, somewhere in vicinity of 20,000 words.  I currently have about 6100 words written and it has about a third of the plot covered so far.  I also realized I made some geographical mistakes due to viewing a map rotated in Google Earth.  There's other stuff I'm definitely going to have to go back and fix.  There's not a snippet today because while I've written a bit farther than I've posted, the rest of the current scene is still unwritten.  It'll probably be Monday.

I've been doing more development at work this week so haven't been in the mood to work as much on the Plate Tectonics simulation.  I will finish that up in the near future, even if I have to force myself to.


No comments:

Post a Comment