Monday, March 6, 2017

Book Review: Dripped, Stripped & Dead

Last Friday, I purchased Dripped, Stripped & Dead, a cozy mystery by Sarah Hoyt (writing as Elise Hyatt). I finally had a chance to read it last night. It totally hit the spot.

Dripped, Stripped & Dead tells the tale of Dyce Dare, a divorced mother of one who is desperately trying to make ends meet by finding, refinishing, and selling furniture. Unfortunately for her, one of her fines was sheltering a corpse, and she soon finds herself investigating a murder while her life gets complicated and disturbingly worrisome. I found it to be a great read, and completely enjoyed it.

The language was easy to read without being simplistic, and really drew me in. The descriptions of meals, buildings, and furniture conveyed a strong sense of the scene without being excessive. The cover is colorful and evocative, and gels quite well with the story.  There were few typos or formatting gaffes, but nothing major. All in all, a good book.

If you like cozy mysteries, you should definitely give Dripped, Stripped & Dead a try. I understand the next volumes are being re-released soon, as well, and I look forward to getting my hands on them when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment