Monday, March 13, 2017

A Quick Monday Lunch Post

As I sit writing this and nibbling on the last of my lunch, the sounds of the adjacent building being torn down can be heard. Not merely adjacent, but attached and abutting, in fact. A large wrecking ball is pounding at concrete and steel. It is somewhat distracting.

Alas, it is not sufficient to distract me to how stiff and sore I am. After dinner last night, I went back out to the trailer and worked for another couple hours, sanding the steel and cleaning the remaining mess (disintegrated insulation batts, pebbles, dirt, rodent feces, sawdust, and pieces of wood) the belly skins were supporting. Much Clorox was sprayed, many paper towels were discarded, and several pairs of disposable gloves were disposed of. I wouldn't eat off it, but it is no longer gross nor a potential source of infection. Yay.

After I cleaned up last night, I started rereading Sarah Hoyt's Shifter series, which I hadn't read in ages. Lots of fun to be had reading that. My only complaint is I want to read the next one now, and I don't think it's even been written yet.

Now, I must get back to work. I have another few hours of work I can do on the trailer but then I'm likely stymied for a bit by the low temperatures. I may write and post another book review this evening if time permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment