Thursday, September 8, 2016

Book Review: Monster Hunter Memoirs: Sinners

Yesterday I purchased and read the eARC for Monster Hunter Memoirs: Sinners, by Larry Correia and John Ringo.  This is the second book in a Monster Hunters Memoirs subseries, and a direct sequel to Monster Hunter Memoirs: Grunge.

I loved this book.  After a particularly dull day at my day job, sitting back and reading this book was a heck of a lot of fun - though I've been paying for it this morning.  It is written in the same first person style as its predecessor, with that slightly-snarky, slightly-blasé attitude that I found amusing.  It is action-packed.  Set in New Orleans, the locale, the characters, and the monsters are as colorful as you would expect.  This isn't a particularly deep novel, but it is a ton of fun, as long as your sense of fun doesn't shrivel up at the occasional bit of blood and gore.

I highly recommend this book to anybody who loves action-packed tales and doesn't mind a small bit of gore.  If you liked the previous book, or liked other books by Correia or Ringo, you'll likely enjoy this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment