Monday, November 27, 2017

Bad Football, Good Holiday

The Thanksgiving holiday was a wonderful time spent with family and family friends.  Food and fun were in abundance.  A good, new hike was found.  New foods were tried.  And football. 

Bad football.  I watched the Giants-Redskins game on TV Thursday evening.  It was a pitiful display by the Giants, but at least it was only on TV.  We could just shut the TV down, and wander off to our beds.

I watched Michigan State-Rutgers game in person.  Traffic enroute was tolerable.  The weather was perfect.  I got a nice intercampus walk from where I parked to the stadium.  I saw some family friends I hadn't seen in ages at the tailgate.  And that was all the positive that can be said.  Rutgers looked even more pitiful than the Giants had two nights before.  The stadium suffered a water pressure and was redirecting people to the portable toilets outside.   

At least Ohio State beat Michigan, so random residents of the state of Michigan will not be making as many derisive remarks.  Not that I went to The Ohio State University (note the definite article), nor am even a fan of Ohio State.  But I do live in the Buckeye State, which seems to be a sufficient condition for obnoxious Michiganders to start talking trash in years Michigan won.  Why?  Maybe it dates back to the "war" for the Toledo Strip, maybe it is more recent.  Anyway, another year I don't have to deal with it.

And now I'm home, and shall resume normal blogging again in the morning.  While resuming ignoring football as much as possible.  Not that I don't enjoy watching the occasional game, but its more fun watching with friends and family - and none of my family are local and none of my friends are football fans.  Without that extra bit to it, I might as well read a book or take a walk.  Thus ends the ranting and raving.  Have a great morning, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment