Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Bizarre Dreams

Last night I went to bed early, and made no blog post.  Instead, I had bizarre dreams. 

I was living in house, but it wasn't quite like any house or apartment I'd ever lived in.  It had five bedrooms and three baths, one bedroom and bath being in the basement.  A cousin and his wife came to visit.  So did an internet acquaintance.  The cousin and wife were just staying the night, en-route elsewhere, but the internet acquaintance was supposed to travel with me to somewhere else.  But in the morning I forgot she was there, and drove a few hundred miles until I remembered she was supposed to be in the car, and when I stopped I found her denouncing me as a fool on her blog. 

When I drove back home, it was empty again, but then my mother (who in real life lives 750 miles away) showed up to castigate me.  I then drove off with my mom to meet my dad and an aunt and uncle on the approach to a bridge over a wide river in a vaguely St. Louis-ish environment. The bridge approach had been closed to traffic so people could sit around in lawn chairs and listen to a baseball game on the radio. 

We were having a great time up until a tug pulling a long train of barges down the river at highway speeds (how?!?) hit one of the bridge supports, and the approach collapsed, falling into the river.  We had to swim to shore.  Then I drove everybody, soaking, back to my house to get cleaned up.

No rhyme or reason, really.  And stranger than fiction or fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment